I’m always looking for natural foods that can help heal my body so that it can stay healthy without all of the artificial ingredients. After spending several years researching foods that could help reduce inflammation, I knew that there were certain herbs and spices that were powerhouses, and could help heal and sometimes cure anything because of its natural properties. Some of these powerhouse foods included garlic, ginger root, lemon, and cayenne pepper. One day after catching a cold, I decided to mix up a natural concoction merging these powerhouse ingredients. Here’s my recipe that I call “Rhonda’s Miracle Drink”:
Rhonda’s Miracle Drink:
- 1 cup warm (medium hot) water
- ½ medium lemon, juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon – ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Grade B maple syrup or local raw honey (optional)*
Why is the drink awesome?
- -Excellent antioxidant and source of Vitamin C that boosts the immune system and prevents free radicals from damaging healthy cells that could cause inflammation.
- Cayenne pepper
- -Excellent source of Vitamin A and C and other important ingredients. This powerhouse has many natural functions such as aiding in digestion, reducing muscle pain and joint inflammation, clearing mucus, increasing metabolism of dietary fats, and much more!
- Ginger root
-Great for reducing joint inflammation and aiding with stomach problems including irritable bowel syndrome, digestion, and gas. Also, ginger has been known to help treat colds, flu and sinus issues.
- Maple syrup
- -Natural sweetener that provides lots of vitamins and minerals that varies according to the location and soil where the tree is grown. Some vitamins include potassium, calcium, sodium, magnesium, iron, and Vitamin A, B1, B6, and C, etc.
When can you drink this?
- You can drink this anytime, but especially if you want to do an internal body cleanse or if you’ve developed a cold or flu. Drink once every three hours until the cold or flu has ended. This is especially great for those with sore throats because as the liquid travels down the esophagus, you will start to feel the pepper tingling in the throat—it’s very soothing and with this drink there’s no need for cough drops! You can also drink first thing in the morning or in between meals after eating a high fat or high sugar meal. It could help to break down the meat and assist with stabilizing blood sugar levels.
How often should you drink this?
- I recommend that people drink at least one glass daily. Because of the wonderful healthy, natural properties, you would definitely benefit.
Do you have a special natural drink that you use to help with a specific health issue?