Sometimes it’s hard to…
- eat organic food because it potentially costs more than non-organic food.
- avoid eating fried foods when you grew up eating it every day.
- exercise everyday when you don’t have an exercise facility near your house.
- stop eating fast foods when you have to work 8 hours a day and take care of others.
- lose 5 pounds when you have a medical problem that causes you to gain weight no matter what you eat or do.
- stop eating sweets when you are trying to “cut back”.
- have a positive attitude about life when you know that you aren’t where you need to be in terms of your overall health.
I have felt these challenges and wanted to just give up, at some point in my life! Nothing that I tried to do worked for me. The more I tried, the more stressed I got; which led to more frustration and problems; the cycle just kept repeating. One day I realized that I was my own worst enemy. I kept putting unnecessary pressure on myself, which caused me to have more health challenges. Have you ever felt this way?
If you are currently feeling frustrated, talk to someone—anyone! It can be your doctor, a counselor, a friend, a support group, or even me. I have found that by expressing my feelings with someone, encourage and help me to see the big picture—that I am on right path of living a healthy whole life!
So, as you prepare for a new week, sit down for a few minutes and assess what’s going on in your life. Strive to make small changes in your eating habits. I want you to join me and live a healthy, whole life. Together, I believe that we can overcome any challenge, one day at a time! If you are up for the challenge, email me (Rhonda@rhondascooking.com) if you want help with getting started!